In my post a couple of days ago, I posted my reverse bucket list and said that I would post my 18 in 18 list on New Year’s Day, but I just can’t wait. I’ve been working on it for the past month, working out what I would like to do and achieve in 2018, to help make it a much better year than 2017 has been.
I’m a list person, and have been for years.
In 2011, I made a New Year’s Resolution list of some length – 101 things to do 2011. I didn’t quite finish the list, but I did complete around 80% of it by the end of the year, so I was quite pleased with that. I had been mocked by my mother and sister, who said at the start of the year that I would give up on it by February, but I didn’t, and don’t think I did too badly.
This year, I have set 18 goals, which are more focused on family, health, enjoying life more and reducing some of our current life pressures. I will post updates on my progress as I go along.
- Monthly date with Ad
- Take Archie on some new adventures
- Take more family photos to create a book at the end of the year, to give out as a gift
- Pick a new habit which will improve my health and well being
- Tackle one of my bad eating habits
- Reach target weight of 10st (140lbs) – my biggest challenge this year
- Walk 4 million steps – pushing me to walk more, and is not a totally unrealistic target
- Go out on my bike at least once this year
- Dance to one song everyday – (unless feeling unwell or unforeseen circumstances)
- Pay off one of my loans
- Pay off one of my credit cards and close account
- Save earlier in the year for Christmas instead of having all the expense at the end of the year
- Try 20 recipes or foods that I have previously not tried
- Achieve at least 5 things on my 40before40 list
- Read at least 5 books for my 40before40 reading task
- Complete a 1000 piece jigsaw in 24 hours – just a bit of fun, did one back in 2011 but didn’t have a toddler around back then
- Visit at least 5 new places
- Go to the cinema at least 3 times – I really enjoy going to the cinema but never really go anymore